Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Winter trees and snowmen cake

I love this cake, for a few different reasons but mostly because it was so so good. I have finally perfected my red velvet recipe, and a fellow "caker" / family member gave me a recipe for white chocolate cream cheese frosting. The frosting was so good, you could eat it without any cake at all, by the spoonful, and believe me, I was tempted.
 Also, sometimes I get sick of fondant, so it was nice to have a cake just covered in frosting.
 The trees in the back are made of chocolate. and the green trees are straight fondant. I wanted to show three different techniques of making trees. (There are many more, but I didn't want to have too many, so I went with three.) Also the snowman in this pic looks like he's lost an eye, or that it's glowing, it must just be my camera. Ok, tree number one.
 Tree number two.
 And tree number three. Personally, I like tree number three the most. But it was definitely more of a pain.

In the end, I thought this was a fun cake, and super yummy, I have already made this recipe of frosting a couple more times, yummmm. Happy winter everybody!


No comments: