Monday, December 10, 2012

Lemon Raspberry Cupcakes


These cupcakes were sooooo yummy. I was experimenting with some different things. I took these to a family trip. My family always gets the experiments, because I can't experiment on client cakes. But this experiment turned out so  great it is now being put on my list.
The cake is a super moist, super yummy lemon cake, and I think I'll keep that recipe to myself :) But I did want to share with you the frosting.

                                                            Fresh Raspberry Buttercream

1Stick of Butter
1/2 c. crisco (all vegetable)
2-3 tblsp milk
1 1/2 tsp lemon extract
pinch of salt
1/2-3/4c. fresh raspberries
4c. pwd sugar

Cream your softened butter with your crisco. Then add your milk, lemon, and salt. Then add your fresh (washed and dried raspberries) mix these very well. Then add your sugar, and wa'la!

Tip : I used the Wilton 1M tip to frost these. It is so simple and quick but makes it much more pretty then smushing on with a knife. Give it a try, I promise they will be a huge hit!

No comments: