Sunday, July 29, 2012

Owl Cake

This cake was made for little Jaylee, her invitations sported a picture of this cute colorful owl. I actually don't have a picture of the invitation to show, but I pretty much matched the colors and patterns, except for one or two tiny changes.


They hadn't asked for it, but I just felt that the big owl needed a little buddy. I don't know why, I just thought it would be cute, so that's why this little guy is on there. And he did turn out cute huh?
 I have to admit this cake took me so much longer than I was expecting. Since it isn't that big, I thought it would be pretty but. I think it was mostly because there were so many different colors, textures, and patterns involved.
 This is my second owl cake I have done, and I assume it will not be the last, considering owls are so "in" right now. But this one was quite different than my first owl. I have to say, my fav part is the little guy. Who doesn't love a cute little owl cake that you could fit in your hand, who...who...

1 comment:

Leah Aston said...

I laughed out loud at your closing sentence. It's way cute.