Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ombre ruffles and roses cake:

So I get in my mind these cakes that I want to do, but then I never do them, because I'm doing a race car, or a castle or something. So I have been wanting to do an ombre cake for awhile.
For those of you who do not know what ombre is, just look at the bottom cake. The gradation of color from light to dark. See it, that's ombre, and it's the "thing" right now. With hair, clothes, and yes cakes.
So now I'm officially "with it." (As far as this cake goes, anyway.)
Since it was my sister-in-law's birthday, I decided she didn't need anything cheesy and themey. (Although I was tempted to do a mouth or a tooth, because she's a dentist, but there will be many more birthdays for that to happen.) And what girl doesn't want a pretty, pink ruffly, flowery cake?
I do love how it turned out, so pretty and feminine.

2 comments:

whities said...

I love it! Please please please have a family cake decorating class! I want to learn!

Leah Aston said...

That is so gorgeous. It looks so hard and impressive! Wow!