Friday, March 15, 2013

Very Hungry Caterpillar Cake

Have you ever read the children's book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle. It is such a cute book. 
 In the book, the warm sun comes up and the little caterpillar pops out of his egg, and he is very hungry.
 So the cute little caterpillar starts to look for some food.
 He eats his way through quite a bit of food. ( I did not get all the food on here.)
 In the book all the illustrations have a very hand painted look to them, and that is what I love about them. So to capture that I hand painted everything. I have to say I love the way it turned out.
 (If you're wondering why all the food has holes in them, it's because the caterpillar eats his way through them.)
 After the caterpillar eats his way through all that food, he has a stomach ache!
 Then he eats through one nice green leaf. And he (after being in a cocoon,) turns into a butterfly. Which I actually had, but felt there was already so much going on that there was just no more room to put on a big hand painted butterfly.
 This cake was chocolate cake, with vanilla almond buttercream. And I have to say, it is one of my new favorites!

No comments: