Friday, November 16, 2012

Harry Potter Cake


When I got the call to make this Harry potter cake I was excited. There are so many things you can do with Harry Potter.
 The cake itself was the book, which was chocolate cake, with peanut butter butter cream and mmf.
 Everything on this cake was edible. The snitch is straight MMF, as well as the scarf and glasses.
 The Sorting hat was my fav part of the whole cake. It was made out of rice crispy treats, and modeling chocolate, hand painted to look more old.
 The wand was also modeling chocolate.
 I originally was going to put the hat, on the book, but then ended up making it a little too big, but I think the hat needed to be bigger, so I'm happy with it. And I think Ethan was happy with it as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - Katie - you are amazing! Love, Aunt Robin