Saturday, November 3, 2012

BlackWidow Spider Cake

I thought I better skip ahead and post this one before it gets too far from Halloween. Although it technically was for my 8 year old nephew's Baptism party. Not your traditional baptism cake, I'm sure. But apparently he always has to have a spider cake of some sort. (And it was the weekend before Halloween.)
This is my second spider cake I have done, but this one is quite different. Now, my nephew is super smart and apparently very picky about the correctness of things. He said it had to have 8 legs and 8 eyes. But he did say he would look the other way on the red part of the spider being on the back, (it should be on it's tummy.) But if it was on the tummy you obviously wouldn't be able to see it.
I wanted it to look a bit scary so I gave him pretty big pincers. Also I love the look of the spider web underneath him. It most likely made it a bigger pain to get home, but I think it made it more dramatic. And I love the legs, I made them using Pocky, and "glued" them together with chocolate.

The eyes, I did two different ways till I knew what he wanted, so in the first picture I left them blank. 
And then in the last picture they have pupils.
I definitely like it with the pupils better.
This cake was chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream filling, and covering the head,  along with mmf. And the fuzzy back was vanilla almond buttercream. With pocky, and chocolate legs.

No comments: