Saturday, September 29, 2012

Penny and Buck Cake


If you do not live in Utah, these two pigs may not seem familiar to you. 

But if you do, you may recognize them as the AFCU (America First Credit Union) mascots.  Yes, they are talking piggy banks, the pink one is Penny and the blue one is name Buck.
My husband works for AFCU, and I was trying to think of something for his cake that I haven't done. I  was a bit stumped because I feel like I have already done the other obvious themes for his birthday.
The idea came into my head that I should take his cake to his work, which then made me think to do these little guys. In the end I didn't take it to his work. But stuck with the theme.
I kept the cake underneath the pigs plain, because I didn't want it to distract from the piggies.
Each pig was made from rice crispy treats, covered in frosting and then two layers of mmf. The cake was super moist white cake with vanilla almond cream cheese frosting, (because that is my fav, and I knew I was going to get some of this one :)
I think I met the goal, ( he was surprised, and I think, got a laugh out of it.) I definitely don't think he was expecting these two on his cake.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I recognize the pigs! :) You did a great job! What a clever idea for his cake!

Leah Aston said...

Those are so cute!