Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Olympic Pool Cake

This is my first cake ever that I have done for a complete stranger. So hopefully she liked it.  :)
She was in charge of her ward's youth conference. And the theme was the olympics, and somewhat intermixed with glowsticks, or something, so it was mushed into glowolympics. 
 The picture that she had seen had a blue square of fondant sitting on a white cake. So I decided I could do better than that. So I carved down to make a pool shape, tiled around it, and then on top of blue fondant added blue colored piping gel, (that makes it look much more realistically like water.)
 Now, one thing she really wanted was that the buoy ropes look, like they actually do, in real life. With the round shapes and the red, white, and blue. I think I got it pretty good.  Then of course I added some olympic rings, and the swimmer's platforms.  This was my Too Much Strawberry Cake, with a cream cheese frosting.
Hopefully they didn't eat  it and get a cramp!

1 comment:

Leah Aston said...

The tiles on the pool are awesome, and the rope rings. Very above and beyond! Cool water too, I've never seen that before.