Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bedding inspired floral design cake

So this cake is exactly what it sounds like. The girl sent me a picture of the baby's bedding, and wanted me to do a cake inspired by it. Sadly I deleted the picture of the bedding, because I wanted to show what it was inspired by, but you can take my word for it, that it looked a lot like the cake. :)
This was for a baby shower. She told me to decide on the flavor, so I figured I'd go with the most universally yummy: moist white cake, with almond vanilla buttercream.
I tried to give you a good view of every decoration on the cake.
This one was a bit time consuming, just because there are so many, colors and details, as well as the hand painting that I did, but I like the way it turned out. (And so did she.)


At first I thought the bedding might be a weird thing thing to inspire a cake, but I am really happy with the end result. I think the colors are fun and bold, and it has a fun design. Enjoy!

No comments: