Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bridal Cake

Sometimes cakes turn out just the way you hoped they would, and this was one of those times. To make it more personal I asked for a picture of the bride in her dress. and her colors. Her dress was so pretty I immediately wanted to make a bride on top of the cake.
She had one of those dresses that bunches in different places, I think I was able to replicate it pretty well.
I liked the way she turned out. And they seemed to be happy with it that it looked pretty much like her.
I actually don't like to put ribbons on the bottom of cakes very much, because I like to show that I can get the fondant on the bottom smooth and not have to cover it. But the cake definitely needed something else and I wanted to tie in the tie and bow that goes around her dress.
Personally I like cakes better without words, so that is why I took the pictures above before I put the words on. Below is the finished cake with the words.

2 comments:

Leah Aston said...

Hello! So forgive the giant one lump-sum comment but I've just been reading over all your posts since the last time I checked (clear back to practically my adorable koala cupcakes - how have I gotten so far behind?!) Anyway my head is swimming with lots of comments that I'll have to tell you over skype, but those are some really great cakes! You're really so talented! :)

Anonymous said...

Hellο Тheгe. I discovereԁ уour blog the usage of msn.
That is an extremely well written artіclе.
I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I'll ԁefinitelу сοmebaсk.


Look іnto mу site: tens unit